If you’re not sure where to start, trying to decide between multiple ideas, curious about upcoming opportunities, or wondering if entrepreneurship is right for you, let’s chat!
Join us for our weekly office hours in person on campus OR via Zoom! Our team is available every Thursday to answer any questions you may have.
Choose a 30-minute time slot that works best for you: 1:00-1:30pm, 1:45-2:15pm, 2:30-3:00pm, or 3:15-4:00pm. You decide whether you want to meet in person at the Student Success Centre (GH 110) or virtually via Zoom.
- Log in to OscarPlus
- From the left-hand menu, select “Student Success Centre”
- Select “Appointments”
- On the page under Appointment Types, select “Experiential and Employment”
- Select “Forge Office Hours for Entrepreneurial Students and Alumni“.
- Select an available appointment.
Please note, any in-person meetings take place in the Student Success Centre located in Gilmour Hall 110 unless otherwise stated.
If the times offered don’t work for you, email Mariya Leslie (Manager of Student Entrepreneurship) directly to book an alternate time/date.
Experience Ventures allows McMaster University students to make an impact alongside real-world innovators through entrepreneurial placements working with startup companies at The Forge. Students receive meaningful work experience, one-on-one mentorship related to their field of study, and a $825 stipend.
Please note, positions are posted by startup companies at The Forge on a rolling basis throughout the year. To see what positions are available, please go to OscarPlus and look for Volunteer & Experiential Building in the Student Success Centre tab.
Join Startup Survivor to start and build your business in just 4 months! If you’re ready to make your ideas come to life, The Forge is here to help. Startup Survivor is a four-month innovation program and pitch competition open to McMaster University students and recent alumni. Startup Survivor provides early-stage startups with the funding, resources, and mentorship to guide and prepare you for launch. If that isn’t exciting enough, we’re giving out $75,000 cash throughout the program!
McMaster Entrepreneurship Week
Are you ready to spark innovation, ignite growth, and explore the endless possibilities of entrepreneurship? We’re excited to introduce you to McMaster’s Entrepreneurship Week (MEW), a dynamic and inspiring celebration of innovation that you won’t want to miss!
What is McMaster’s Entrepreneurship Week (MEW)?
MEW is your opportunity to discover, learn, and engage with the vibrant world of entrepreneurship right here at McMaster University. It’s a week packed with workshops, speaker events, and interactive activities designed to help you unleash your entrepreneurial potential and ignite the spark of innovation within you.
Why Should You Participate?
- Invest in Your Future: Entrepreneurship is not a risk; it’s a bright investment in your future. MEW will show you how to embrace innovation and create pathways to prosperity.
- Unlock Resources: Explore the diverse resources, support, programs, and services available at McMaster. Discover how they can empower you to navigate your entrepreneurial journey effectively.
- Learn Lifelong Skills: Entrepreneurship cultivates skills, behaviors, and values that transcend individual projects. Participating in MEW means developing these skills and nurturing your career development, whatever the outcome.
- Connect and Collaborate: Network with like-minded peers, industry professionals, and community members. MEW is your chance to make meaningful connections and collaborate on exciting projects.
- Get Inspired: Hear from successful entrepreneurs, innovators, and changemakers who started just where you are. Their stories will inspire you to embark on your own entrepreneurial journey.
How Can You Get Involved?
The next McMaster Entrepreneurship Week will take place Fall 2024. Mark your calendars and be prepared for a week of innovation, inspiration, and opportunity.
Starting your own business can be daunting and it isn’t for everyone – we get it! If you’re interested in entrepreneurship or innovation, but you’re not quite sure how to dip your toes in the water, this section is for you. Hackathons, ideathons, pitch competitions and more are frequently made available to students. See below for some opportunities to get involved at any experience level!
If there are no opportunities listed below, check back at a later date.