The second annual Experience Ventures National Hackathon is kicking off January 26, 2023. This virtual event will celebrate the power and potential of entrepreneurial thinking and design thinking to find innovative solutions to real-world problems facing society.
Our goal is to inspire creativity, resiliency, and future vision so students can seize the future with the right skills to solve problems in their own communities.
Make an Impact – From January 26 – February 10, Students from across Canada will work alongside community innovators to help design ideas for the future of food security on campus and enrich the lives of Canadian post-secondary students.
This second annual event will be conducted virtually.
Participating students will learn how to approach problems from a design thinking perspective while building Entrepreneurial Thinking skills, work alongside real-world innovators (coaches and judges), and build valuable networks, and more!
Open to undergraduate students from all disciplines! The Hack-a-thon (also known as an idea-a-thon) is non-coding.
Students from across Canada will work alongside community innovators to help design ideas for the future of food security on campus, and enrich the lives of Canadian post-secondary students.
Any student from any discipline and faculty registered in a Canadian college and university who is:
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Enrolled in any full- or part-time program of post-secondary study.
- Has not already participated in an Experience Ventures placement from May to August 2021 or this 2021-2022 school year.
McMaster will be advancing six students to compete in the hack-a-thon. Students are asked to apply individually, not as a team.
Finalists will be selected by a panel of innovators and notified.
- Application Deadline – January 19, 2023
- Orientation – Hack-a-thons and Pitching – January 24th at 4pm EST (Zoom)
- Kick-Off Event (Mandatory) – January 26, 2023
- Pitch Submissions Due – February 10, 2023
- Notify top teams – February 28, 2023
- Finale live pitch – March 7, 2023
Participating students will be granted a $325 honorarium each. $5,000 in cash prizes will be awarded by the Hunter Hub for Entrepreneurial Thinking.