No equity. No fees. Fast-track your startup to success.
Next cohort dates: May 11-December 18, 2020
Next application deadline: March 29, 2020
The Forge Business Incubator is a limited-enrollment program for early-stage startups. We create customized plans for a small cohort of tech startups to help them grow. Alumni of this program include software, hardware, IoT, medical devices, healthcare IT, life sciences, advanced manufacturing, and consumer products companies. Full-time founders based in Hamilton are preferred but all applicants are welcome. The Forge and McMaster University do not take equity in the companies they support and are committed to growing the entrepreneurship and innovation community.
Our Incubator tenants get access to:
– 8 Months of incubation, with opportunity to extend to 18 months
– Seed funding to grow your business
– Dedicated office space inside McMaster Innovation Park
– One-on-one mentorship from Entrepreneurs-in-Residence
– Advisory from 50+ Volunteer Mentors
– Access to professional service providers for IP, legal, accounting, finance, tech advisory
– Access to makerspace including advanced prototyping equipment
– Access to 10+ conference rooms for meetings and customer demo’s
– Connections to government funding programs including OCE, NRC-IRAP, NSERC, Mitacs, etc
– One-on-one investor pitch practice
– Direct introductions to angel investors and venture capital firms
– Weekly startup peer2peers and monthly founder socials
– Entrepreneurship workshops, seminars, and networking events
– Access to talent and recruitment support
– PR/media exposure via newsletter and social media mentions
– Business address and mailbox service
Step 1. Submit your online application before November 30, 2019.
Step 2. The Forge will contact you to schedule a phone interview.
Step 3. If selected, you will be invited for an in-person Interview.
Based on the results of the interview process, The Forge will select 5 companies to join the new cohort.
QUESTIONS? Contact mariya(at)theforge.mcmaster.ca