No equity. No fees. Fast-track your startup to success.
Next cohort dates: September 9, 2020 – April 30, 2021
Next application deadline: August 3, 2020
Tip: We recommend that you download the full list of questions here, before you fill out the Typeform application. You will not be able to save your application mid-way through. You can fill out the questions on your computer, using the word document, then cut and paste the answers into Typeform.
The Forge Business Incubator is a limited-enrollment program for early-stage startups. We create customized plans for a small cohort of tech startups to help them grow. Alumni of this program include software, hardware, IoT, medical devices, healthcare IT, life sciences, advanced manufacturing, and consumer products companies. Full-time founders based in Hamilton are preferred but all applicants are welcome. The Forge and McMaster University do not take equity in the companies they support and are committed to growing the entrepreneurship and innovation community.
OUR INCUBATOR TENANTS GET ACCESS TO:
– 8 Months of incubation, with opportunity to extend to 18 months
– Seed funding to grow your business
– Dedicated office space inside McMaster Innovation Park
– One-on-one mentorship from Entrepreneurs-in-Residence
– Advisory from 50+ Volunteer Mentors
– Access to professional service providers for IP, legal, accounting, finance, tech advisory
– Access to makerspace including advanced prototyping equipment
– Access to 10+ conference rooms for meetings and customer demo’s
– Connections to government funding programs including OCE, NRC-IRAP, NSERC, Mitacs, etc
– One-on-one investor pitch practice
– Direct introductions to angel investors and venture capital firms
– Weekly startup peer2peers and monthly founder socials
– Entrepreneurship workshops, seminars, and networking events
– Access to talent and recruitment support
– PR/media exposure via newsletter and social media mentions
– Business address and mailbox service
Step 1. Submit your online application before August 2, 2020.
Step 2. The Forge will contact you to schedule a phone interview.
Step 3. If selected, you will be invited for an in-person Interview.
Based on the results of the interview process, The Forge will select 5 companies to join the new cohort.
QUESTIONS? Contact info(at)theforge.mcmaster.ca
WHAT OUR PREVIOUS CLIENTS HAVE SAID:
“The Forge provided us with a leadership team that was willing to listen, learn, and tirelessly help develop our business. We are grateful for having learned so much in such a short amount of time.” – Hanna Haponenko, Managing Partner and CTO of Axcessiom Technologies Inc.
“I’ve always aspired to turn one of my ideas into a successful business. The Forge provided me with not only a conducive environment to grow, but also extremely knowledgeable support staff to guide my product to new heights.” – Anthony Greco, Co-Founder & Managing Partner of Ice Now Inc.
“The Forge helped me connect with other entrepreneurs and learn valuable techniques to grow my business. Staff, mentors, and other fellow incubators encouraged me to take advantage of every opportunity to grow as an individual and a business. I am truly thankful for The Forge in helping me become the entrepreneur I am today.” – Grace Huang, Founder & CEO of Zap Foods
“The Forge offers an amazing community of like-minded, visionary founders with a passion for solving complex problems. I’ll never forget the late nights I spent at the office, overworking the coffee machine and having a blast with other founders. Without a doubt, joining The Forge was a critical turning point for Reviewerly.” – Peter Yang, CEO and Founder of Reviewerly