The Forge is a business incubator funded by McMaster University, serving novel and scalable startups in the Hamilton, Greater Toronto and Niagara Regions. Launched in 2015, we work hands-on with entrepreneurs to develop their business ideas from ideation and validation to growth. The Forge is sector agnostic and offers cohort-based programming. So far 216 companies have been through The Forge Business Incubator program; together they have raised over $34M and are selling products in 50 countries.
Clients receive expert mentorship, non-dilutive seed funding, investor introductions, office space*, entrepreneurial workshops, access to a well-equipped makerspace and numerous services to ensure success. We do not take equity in the startups we support. During the COVID-19 pandemic our programming has been running virtually.
The Forge Incubator will enable McMaster University to become an internationally renowned hub for tech innovation and accelerate growth of successful companies contributing to the economic growth and prosperity of Hamilton Region.
Help entrepreneurs build scalable businesses with a strong value proposition and help them enter the market within 8-18 months.
– Attract diverse and numerous entrepreneurs from all industry sectors, from Hamilton and beyond;
– Accelerate the success of early-stage startup companies by providing the resources needed for stand-alone success, on a timescale that should not exceed 18 months;
– Partner with local, regional and international organizations to provide our startups with valuable contacts and connections;
– Raise the profile of McMaster, The Forge and its startups, particularly in investor circles;
– Foster a startup culture within the McMaster community, and build a close-knit, open, and supportive network of committed colleagues and friends.
*The availability of a shared office space may be limited during the COVID-19 pandemic In line with University and Government’s policies and recommendations. Please check with us if you have any questions.